Our Kingfisher location has now been running for over six years and we are extremely proud of being able to offer this unique opportunity to clients that visit our hides. The hard work that has gone on behind the scenes has now made it possible for people to achieve a stunning portfolio of this dashing and elusive bird in the course of one day. The Kingfisher hide is based in Worcestershire, where we have a purposely-built wooden hide with birds coming to perch only 5 metres away. Along with the resident pair, you could be lucky enough to see three to four different birds ranging from adults to young birds that visit throughout the day. All of our sites are set-up by us and much thought has gone into the background and direction of light. A collection of different perches will be available for you to use. The hide has a choice of a plain or natural background and disabled access .
Dates available to book are from: April - June , then Sept - Nov .
Group Size: 3 photographers maximum per hide
Times: 8.00 am until dusk
Cost: £99 PP
The vast majority of your time will be spent in the hide; in terms of clothing you will need some warm clothes because it can be cold at this time of year. It is also a 5 minute walk to the hide so please bring waterproof clothing too because you don’t want to get wet before the day even starts. You will need a good pair of wellington boots, these are essential for this workshop. To be able to change the perches for the Kingfishers throughout the day you have to walk into the shallow stream so walking boots are not ideal. The weather is difficult to predict at this time of the year, it could be cold especially in the early morning and then gets warmer as the day progresses, so bring hats and gloves as well. You will need to bring your own food and drinks as there is no cafeteria on the site so a thermal flask with hot tea or coffee is recommended. Please note there are no toilet facilities on the site either because of the remote location.
Conditions of booking:
1. The hide that you book into is yours for the day. You can stay in the hide for as long as you wish but you must not swap hides. Photography is only permitted from inside one of our hides. Please make sure that you enter and leave the hide quickly and quietly in order to respect and protect the wildlife.
2. The Worcestershire site is a working farm, as such there may be animals and farm equipment in the fields. The fields and river banks may be wet, muddy and slippery so please wear appropriate foot wear. Wellingtons are essential for the Kingfisher hide.
3. Smoking is not permitted in our hides. If you must smoke, please make sure that you are out of sight of wildlife and that you don't leave litter.
5. When you have left the hide, please return to your vehicle. Do not walk about the farm or the fields. The farm is private property. The farmer kindly allows us to cross his land to the hides but we have no right of access. Please ensure that you shut gates behind you.
6. Please take all litter home with you and leave everything as you found it.
7. We are not responsible for any loss or damage to you or your belongings.